The goal of project UH4SP is the development of a software service-oriented architecture and technology solutions, under the paradigm of IoT and Industry 4.0, which promotes corporate and aggregate vision of industrial units operations dispersed across different geographies through remote and local access; building collaborative and cross-cutting tools; optimization of operations and user experience in industrial units and, finally, system reliability.
The main technical and scientific objectives of the project are as follows:
- Definition of design mechanisms of logical architectures for technological platforms for logistics optimization under Industry 4.0 standard.
- Design of services and business applications addressed to the various stakeholders invoking resources transparently.
- Development of new algorithms and sensing methods to improve the recognition of people and vehicles, interactions with drivers and remote technical assistance.
- Development of simulation models and heuristics in order to optimize logistics.
- Development of computing platforms supporting system operations.
- Development of a data storage platform appropriate to the requirements Industry 4.0.
CCG’s contribution by its EPMQ and cVIG domains of applied research are critical for the project development.
EPMQ will contribute in the following topics:
- Cloud Computing, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0 referential requirements analysis and study;
- Conception of a Services Oriented Architecture ( SOA);
- Development of business services and applications with transparent resources invocation;
- Business model definition with the use of “business/IT” alignment methodologies;
cVIG will contribute in three main axes related with smart sensing and support, namely:
- Trucker & Driver Automatic Identification with computer vision;
- Mobile Driver Interface with in-plant navigation support by the use of augmented reality;
Remote Assistance, exploring new concepts of tele-presence in augmented reality.
- Cachapuz - Equipamentos para Pesagem, Lda (PT)
- Universidade do Minho (PT)
- Associação C.C.G/ZGDV - Centro de Computação Gráfica (PT)
- Eurotux Informática, SA (PT)
UH4SP: Unified Hub 4 Smart Plants, (project nº 017871), supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the COMPETE2020 - Portuguese National Operational Program for Competitiveness and Internationalization.
Total eligible cost: 898542,76 Euros
EU financing support: 581115,26 Euros