The CCG is integrated into the network GraphicsMedia.net (www.graphicsmedia.net) – International Cooperation in Applied Research in Computer Graphics Technology, Multimodal-Multimedia and Visual Interactive Digital Technologies.
This network was created in December, 2010, is headquartered in Kaiserslautern ( Germany ).
Besides the CCG (Portugal), the Network GraphicsMedia.net integrate more seven internationally renowned partners from Germany (Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz - DFKI; Hasso Plattner Institut - HPI; Fraunhofer Heinrich-Hertz-Institute - HHI), Spain (Center for Visual Interaction and Communication Technologies - VICOMTech), Italy; (Center for Advanced Computer Graphics Technologies - GraphiTech), Panama (Multimedia Interaction and Visualization Technologies (MIVTech) and France (CEA Tech LIST).
GraphicsMedia.Net is a non-profit international organization founded in 2010, that coordinates the activities of research and development, the technology transfer and the exploitation in Computer Graphics, Multimodal-Multimedia Technologies and Visual Interactive Digital Media & 3D Video Technologies.
The members of GraphicsMedia.net are international institutions with a focus in applied research. These are Independent Applied R&D Institutes (public/private), R&D Units of Multinational Companies and Multinational hi-tech technology transfer companies.
The members are located in Germany, Italy, Panama, Portugal, and Spain with together about 650 full time researchers, plus 360 assistants/students and aggregated project volume of yearly € 39 million, and about 140 publications in high ranking international journals and conferences.
- Share a common vision to define applied research strategies and technology transfer models in order to be best in kind locally and a relevant proactive actor globally
- Identify research and market opportunities and synergies within the network and outside the networkCoordinate European and International/multinational projects strategies for the members
- Organize high level seminars and symposia for strategy definition in scientific, technological and innovation aspects
- Foster excellence and worldwide presence for the organization (including lobbying)
- Maintain the international profile and connection at institutional level for the members
- Reach high scientific visibility and excellence as a network
- Support the continuity of the already existing and the building of new co-operations
- Foster the exchange of researchers and students
- Develop strategies for common definition and use of facilities and laboratories
- Articulate technology screening and technology valorization activities, as well as business angels/investors relationships ,etc.
- Benchmark best practices, contrast management models
- Foster innovation and quality management capabilities for the members
- Identify and shape new objectives and strategies for the future